Tuesday, November 02, 2010

Two Years Later

Two years after that rainy day, I still cry a lot. I shed all tears I have always keep for myself -- and for you. Tears of longing, for not being able to talk to you, to listen to you, to hold your hands, to look into your eyes; tears of love, love of a daddy's girl, love of a best friend, love for an idol; tears of regret, for not obeying you more, for not praying with you more, for not praying for you more.

Two years after that tearful day, I still talk of you like you are still around. At times, it just feel like you are still home, waiting for me to come to you, to tell my days to you.

Two years after that painful day, I still do everything for you. I still try to be the best to make you proud of me, proud of having me in your life, even though I always know, everybody knows, how proud you were of me to be just I am.

Two years after that unforgettable day, I still love you. You are still my hero, my inspiration, my best friend. You made me go through it all, survived, and worked my way to be the best I can be: a woman of grace, a woman of mercy, a woman of faith.

I will forever be grateful to be loved the way you loved me. You are the best father any daughters would ever possibly have in the whole universe.

Coventry, two years and 1 hour after we buried his remaining.

No comments: