Sunday, November 20, 2011

Farewell

"Thank you for travelling with London Midland's service." That voice again. But this time, I glued my eyes to those words on my kindle. Three different guys has been sitting next to me since the train first departed from Euston. I didn't know them, didn't even bothered to try to talk to any of them, didn't even bothered to look at them. I kept on focusing on my kindle. None of them was you. No more London Midland services with you. The last one has been in the morning. The very last one.
 
How many London Midland's services did I take with you? Not so many, weren't they? But it felt like so many. Just like those Nando's session I used to have with our other friend. Feel like so many while in fact there were only a few sessions took place.
 
I got off the train at that station, you know, our station. Cross by the stairs, walked by the grass field. The horses were still there, eating as always. I hurried up to my flat but suddenly couldn't bear the idea that you wouldn't walk me back to my flat anymore. No more early evening walk back from the grid to my flat. No more late after-dinner walk from my flat to "three bus stops from here". No more 15-minutes walks which were always much much more than 15 minutes because everywhere was always 15 minutes walk for you. No more dinners in my kitchen. No more silly and idiot questions from me. No more "it's common sense!" grumble from you. No more random emails replied in 2 minutes. No more laughters over teasing our friends. No more so many things. It was the end of it. And tears started falling down my cheek. This was the very end of it.
 
Will we ever see each other again? It was miraculous how life united us in this place. It was miraculous that through everything we learned to enjoy each other's company. By God's plan, I believe, we are going through our own paths now. Some things really last together. But we never know, we never know. Will our paths crossed each other's again someday in the future?  We never know, we never know.
 
My friend used to say that you were my first friend here and at the end has become my last friend. Yea, quite funny isn't it? My journey in this land of rain and wind started with you and ended with you (almost ended, actually, almost). Someone in the church said that God really has a sense of humour. Of course, must be one of His sense of humour that made Him planned of our encounters here, something I will always treasure.
 
So farewell for now, dearest friend. I don't want to wish you anything. I'm praying for all the best to happen in your life, so I'm sure it will happen. It's just a matter of time for our eyes to see. Showers of blessings upon you, dearest friend, from now until eternity.

No comments: